Were you recently injured in an accident in Farmington, Missouri, due to someone else’s carelessness? If so, you may be entitled to financial compensation under Missouri law. Compensation secured through a personal injury claim could help cover your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses you never expected.
In the aftermath of an accident that was not your fault, the experienced legal team at Sansone & Lauber can help. We’ve successfully recovered compensation for victims of vehicle collisions, workplace accidents, slips and falls, medical negligence, and more.
To learn about your legal options, contact us today by phone or online. Our Farmington, MO personal injury attorneys will be ready to provide you with a free, confidential case evaluation when you reach out to us.
Injury Accidents in Farmington, Missouri
In Farmington, many residents work in construction, manufacturing, and other fields that have inherent risks. During recent years, there have been over 100 workplace fatalities in Missouri annually. The industries with the most fatalities are:
- Transportation and warehousing
- Public administration
- Waste management and remediation services
- Healthcare and social assistance
While St. Louis County had the most workplace incidents, Farmington’s St. Francois County had over 1,000 incidents in one recent year, with one resulting in death.
When looking at traffic statistics, the most recent data for St. Francois County (which includes Farmington) shows about 10 deaths per year. There are also between 40-50 collisions each year that result in serious injuries.
Most Common Types of Accidents in Farmington, MO
These are among the most common types of accidents we see when handling Farmington personal injury cases:
- Vehicle Collisions – Driving is a daily necessity for most Farmington residents, and it’s easy to forget about the hazards involved. In a single moment, a car or truck accident can leave you with serious injuries and damage to your vehicle.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents – Compared to motor vehicle drivers, cyclists and pedestrians often suffer the worst injuries during collisions. These accidents are frequently caused by distracted driving, speeding, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Property owners and occupants have a duty to ensure sidewalks, parking lots, or other walking areas are safe and free of hazards. When safety standards aren’t met and you suffer harm, you have a right to hold all responsible parties accountable.
- Medical Malpractice – You should expect to receive safe, high-quality medical care when undergoing a treatment, procedure, or surgery. When medical professionals fail to meet the proper standard of care, this can result in serious harm or death.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Nursing home residents are among the most vulnerable when it comes to abuse and medical negligence. Abuse and neglect in nursing homes can lead to physical trauma, brain damage, infections, and even death.
- Workplace Accidents – You have a right to work in a safe environment, whether you have an office job or you’re a construction worker. If your employer fails to meet safety standards and you suffer harm, you have a right to demand compensation for your medical care, disability, rehabilitation, and more.
Commonly Reported Injuries in Farmington
Our Farmington injury attorneys have seen it all. We’ve helped people who’ve been hurt due to the reckless, careless, or otherwise negligent actions of others get justice. Our clients have been able to secure compensation for injuries such as:
- Broken Bones and Fractures – People involved in vehicle collisions frequently suffer from broken bones and fractures. These injuries are also common for slip-and-fall victims.
- Catastrophic Injury – Catastrophic injuries – such as loss of limbs or punctured organs – occur in more devastating accidents, like commercial truck collisions. Those who work in construction and other dangerous professions may also suffer from catastrophic injuries due to workplace accidents.
- Brain Damage – Brain damage can leave victims completely disabled, or it can significantly reduce their quality of life. This type of injury commonly affects victims of car accidents and falls.
- Serious Medical Conditions – Medical negligence often leads to the development of serious medical conditions. For example, if a condition is not diagnosed and treated in time, it may worsen or cause irreversible harm.
In worst case scenarios, negligence could cost someone their life. When this happens, the surviving family members could seek compensation through a wrongful death claim.
How Can Our Farmington Personal Injury Attorney Help You?
At Sansone & Lauber, we are committed to helping victims who’ve been harmed due to negligence. Our Farmington personal injury lawyers can:
- Represent You on a Contingency Basis – We understand that the costs of litigation aren’t feasible for the average person. This is why we accept cases on a contingency basis, and take care of all upfront costs. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid.
- Fully Investigate Your Claim – We are prepared to fully and independently investigate your case to make sure all responsible parties are held accountable for their negligence. Determining who is liable for your injuries can help us maximize your potential compensation. Our firm also has access to some of the top experts who can review your case and testify on your behalf, if needed.
- Fight for the Most Compensation Available – Our Farmington personal injury lawyers don’t back down when taking on large corporations and insurance companies. We’re not afraid to aggressively pursue the highest compensation available and take cases to trial, when necessary. Our No. 1 goal is securing compensation for those who’ve been wronged.
How to Get Started with Your Case
If you’ve recently been hurt in an accident, it’s important to know that you do have legal options. First, you should gather all relevant documents related to the accident. This might include photos, police reports, medical records, and contact information from witnesses.
Next, you should speak with an attorney. Our Farmington personal injury lawyers can review the facts of your case and outline your legal options. In many cases, fair compensation can be secured by having an attorney negotiate with the at-fault person’s insurance company.
If negotiations aren’t successful, you may have to file a lawsuit in court. This is why hiring an attorney at the outset is important. An experienced Farmington personal injury attorney can navigate this process with ease and take your case to trial, if necessary.
Contact Sansone & Lauber Today for a Free Consultation about Your Case
The experienced legal team at Sansone & Lauber would be happy to address your questions and concerns at a free consultation. If you’re ready to take the next step, give us a call or contact us online.