After a motorcycle accident, you should take the following steps:
- Call 911 and report the accident.
- Do not let another driver talk you out of calling police with the promise of an out-of-pocket settlement. A police report is an important document to have when making an insurance claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene with your phone camera.
- Do not discuss the details of the accident with others or admit fault even if you believe you caused the accident.
- Get an evaluation by a doctor right away and inform the doctor that you have been in a motorcycle crash. Insurance adjusters would rely on a doctor’s evaluation of your injuries in making a determination about the claim.
- Have an experienced motorcycle accident attorney review the specific facts of your accident and explain your legal options for seeking compensation.